Friday, August 7, 2009

Proactive steps towards exceptional health!

In today's news, it's inevitable that you've seen all the talk about healthcare reform. What's in store for our future healthcare as we age? Being part of the baby boomer generation, I know this question is weighing heavily on the minds of my fellow boomers.

With all this talk about healthcare, what comes to my mind foremost is the need to be proactive in one's own health. It's imperative that we as individuals do all we can to achieve optimal health naturally, without dependence on the "system". Now, I'm not anti-medical establishment, it's just that I prefer not to spend my time being "sick". I spent a considerable time in a doctors office as a child and I knew growing up that was one place I didn't want to waste my time. Life is for living!

So when it comes to nutrition, I want to learn everything I can. Nutrition is no longer just about protein, carbs, and fats! There's exciting and extensive research being done all around the world on nutritional health and healing. Phytochemicals are being well researched and scientists are finding promising results in the role of phytochemicals and cancer. Some of these phytochemicals in the forefront of research are resveratrol, anthycyanin, quercetin, ellagic acid, and catechin.

Resveratrol is found in the skin of red grapes and it belongs in a larger class of photochemicals called phytoalexins. These are used as a defense against infections as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties. Several studies (Athar et al., 2007, Jang et al., 1997, & Sale et al., 225) have shown strong evidence of the anti-cancer action of resveratrol. Particularly in regards to cancers that it can come in direct contact with such as colon, gastrointestinal, and skin cancers.

There are many resveratrol products on the market today and how do you choose the best one? Well, I'll make it simple for you. I use a product thats from a company you can trust ~ the top company recongnized in the U.S. as the #1 natural nutrition company. This product is shown to protect and repair cellular DNA, positively impact genetic regulators, promote mitochondrial biogenesis and slow AGE protein formation. Okay, lots of scientific stuff, but not only is the product the purest available, it's also 10x more powerful than resveratrol alone.
For more information, select this anti-aging tonic. All natural- exclusive - tastes delicious!

No comments: